What IS this part? 97 Impreza rear suspension

97 Impreza rear suspension: Top of strut appears to have a bolt that goes up thru a resilient mounting that has 3 mounting bolts to the tower top.

My strut top end was out of position, rubbing. Compressed spring and repositioned top into mounting hole. Staying OK in place for now.. BUT.

My strut seems OK, but the rubber in the resilient mounting is broken. Other side is OK.

What is this part CALLED? Don't know what to look for online or ask for...

Thanks!

Reply to
Terry King

It's called the strut mount. Go to

, choose Subaru and pick a dealer (all the sites have similar software).

Go to the mechanical parts catalog, fill in your model yr and model. Choose Rear Suspension --> Suspension Components --> Strut mount. Click on "View Illus." for a picture of what's going on. The part lists for $80.63 and the dealer I'm looking at sells it for $64.50 + s/h.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Bailin