Wheel Locks

what is so protective about wheel locks, when anyone can buy the took to take them off at the same place you do? If they see what type you have, they would just have to go buy the set. It would make it a Little more trouble. I Guess that is the protection.

Would like to get ones that better match the Acorn lug nuts on the car.

VF

Reply to
houndman

Well, the Mcgards I have do have a few different tools - so a thief wanting to use the tool would need several to get the right fit. However, the actual tool may not be necessary with some designs. A thief can hammer on a socket that has a very tight 'interference fit' and bust that lugnut off that way.

When shopping for them, be certain to get the correct ones as the shape of the seat, depth of the threads can be critical.

Got mine with my wheels from

.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Hi, There is nothing 100% in this whole world. Let's say it's just a deterrant.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Yea, but some deterrants are better than others. For locks with a recessed gruve. Thought that some epoxy in the gruve, say in one spot, not very visable, but enough to keep the tool from gripping might be a bigger deterrant, and easy to remove when needed, if you know it is there.

Now no one was going to steal the wheels off my friends Charger, since the tool to remove the locks broke. He wasn't going to change a flat either.((

VF

Reply to
houndman

To make the guy who was going to be an opportunistic thief move on to the next car due to the time/difficulty involved. Remember, some thieves just steal with no purpose and dont end up selling stuff later. (Or are just kids.)

If they see what type you

Reply to
.._..