Which headgasket on the 2.5?

Which headgasket are we talking about concerning these failures? One side more than the other? Is it best to kick in a little more and replace the other one when you loose the first one? It certainly would be cheaper than waiting for the second one to go!?

Jim Lofgren Redmond, WA

Reply to
Jim Lofgren

This is a completely unscientific conclusion, I've tried to read all the hg reports I could but it seems more common on the driver's side.

Because of the difficulty and expense of replacing these gaskets it would seem to make sense to replace both.

Reply to
LC Brian

The left (drivers) side went on my '01 at 41K miles. The work order & parts claim says both sides were replaced (warranty).

Mike

Reply to
Mike

My head gasket just went on my 02 Imprezza Outback Sport at 31K. Both sides were replaced under warranty with no grief at all.

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn