Will a Impreza 2004 RS beat a 2000 2.2L

Quick question: Between a 2000 Impreza wagon 2.2L manual with the 142hp/149lb-ft engine and the 2004 Impreza RS with the 165hp/166lb-ft engine

I am thinking that the 2004 RS will be quicker by 0.5sec because even if it is 300lbs heavier, it has more torque and more power.

The problem is that I cannot find any acceleraton data for the 2000 2.2L man nor for the 2004 2.5L man

Everybody seems to be concentrating on the WRS, STi and the 2000 RS

Opinions welcome

BTW I own the 2000Impreza and I will probably end up racing (for fun) against my friend's 2004RS

Charles

Reply to
Charlie