Impreza 2005 RS noise

Hi,

I am considering buying a new 2005 Impreza RS and I went for a test drive. In the beginning, I enjoyed the sound of the engine, felt like being in the real sports car. However, after a while, I had a question in my head: ?Is it going to be like that all the time? How does it feel on the longer trip? Is everything OK with the engine? It was VERY NOISY.

Is it a normal sound for a Subaru or it was something else?

Reply to
alec via CarKB.com

Oh, I forgot. It is a wagon, not a sedan.

Reply to
alec via CarKB.com

I have a 03 WRX and it is noisy as well. Guess i just got use to it cause it doesnt bother me anymore like it did when i first got it. The car is quiet and smooth at highway speeds.

Reply to
Michael

Subaru engines are indeed a bit noisier than average, but I certainly would not call them very noisy. You may be more sensitive to the noise than I, though. Suggest, if you like the car otherwise, that you talk to the dealer about it, and try another car.

Larry Van Wormer

Reply to
Larry Van Wormer

It's a personal preference thing as well.

I despised the scream of my wife's old Accord as she accelerated onto freeway ramps. Compared to that, the throaty growl of the Outback and the WRX is music to my ears.

Reply to
GrumpyOldGeek