WRX security system upgrade

Hi Folks,

I will be picking up my new silver WRX 5-speed next Saturday. Today my teenage daughter asked me if it makes the "chirp chirp" sound when you lock the car with the fob. My car has the security system upgrade. Anyone have firsthand knowledge?

David

Reply to
The Edgleys

It beeps once when you lock it and twice when you unlock it.

Reply to
ricardox

The 02's and 03's honked the horn, and the '04's have a different chirp/beep which they make. They all flash the lights, too.

Reply to
David & Caroline

Well, they do chirp (much different from cars I have owned before) and they do flash the lights, but if you find the chirp unpleasant, you can easily make it stop chirping by merely following the directions in the manual. Takes

3 seconds to do. I kind of like the chirp! One daughter finds it unpleasant!
Reply to
no mas panzon

Tell her, and check, if a door is not locked it will beek 3 or 4 times. Not the one time. Usually you can't get into the car but my '01 Outback did that for a few days until I figured out the hatch was not closed all the way.

Reply to
Mike B.

It doesn't chirp, it's the obnoxious horn sound. Enjoy the car, it's the greatest!

Reply to
Rockman