Subaru XT ???

I have a 1987 Subaru XT as a project car. I am wanting to build a Euro Sport out of it. currently it has a 4 cylender engin w/ blown head gaskets. would a 6 cylender fit in it and would i have to change the transmission to fit a six? or can i still use the one i have? i am trying to decide weather or not to stay with the 4 and rebuild it or just replace with the 6 cyl. TIA

Reply to
1987 T-Bird

If you have to ask I would say that you should not attempt the conversion. The 6 is only a little longer than the 4 but there is many other problems.

Reply to
Pete D

ok then i guess i will just try to rebuild the 4 and have it bored out as a friend had suggested. thank you.

Reply to
1987 T-Bird

you can fit the 6 and the transmision will work but if it was me i will try to find a H6 3 liter from a legacy with the 5 speeds transmission. if you change the transmission you will nead to have also the rear differantial. the H6 is more powerful than the old H4Turbo i have an XT6 89 before, still have my XT turbo in the back yard and buy a SVX last year

Paparicky SVX lover

Reply to
Richard Paquette