Latest threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Advise the noob...
Thinking of making my next vehicle a used subaru AWD wagon, looking to spend, lets say, 10-20K, but I'd rather stay on the low end of that. So far I see that the 96-97 2.5 DOHC and the 98-03 2.5 SOHC...
13
13

AWD light
the manual says that the AWD light will come on if different sized tires were mounted or tire pressures were too far different. Does it tell you when the center differential is working, like it would...
2
2

Bolt at right rear track for driver seat won't come out
92 Subaru Legacy AWD sw I was at the junkyard where they had a 93 Subaru where I took out the driver seat. There was one bolt that refused to remove from the right rear of the track. There are 4 bolts...
9
9

98 Legacy ABS Not Working But No ABS Light
I've got a 98 Legacy OBW with 170,000 miles on it. A couple times I'd noticed that the ABS doesn't seem to be functioning and decided to test it today by stepping hard on the brakes at about 30mph....

Can keyless entry be hacked?
A month ago I bought a keyless remote for my '01 OBW and the service manager was kind enough to program it for me. Last night my car was "prowled", as the sheriff's office put it. No damage to the car...
5
5

dashboard pad replacement
Two days ago someone broke into my car and stole my radio/cd player. In the process the thief dismantled the glove compartment, broke some of the plastic trim and dug some if the foam out of the dash...
3
3

Pshh Noice in AC of my outback
I keep hearin perdiodic a few seconds long hissing (?) "pshhhhh" noise out of my is very pronounced right after car starts but continues all the way to freeway speed. Turning ac off (with fan running)...
1
1

Lurching in drive train problem
Help. 99 forester with 222k miles, mild lurching on acceleration and decelaration in all gears. rear brake drums recently replaced. could they be warped ? also, car was sitting for 3 months. guy at...
1
1

Adjusting Drivers Front Power Window 91 Lecacy
Hi I had to unbolt the window from the regulator to put in a new door lock set. When I rebolted the window to the regulator, the window catches on the black plastic piece connected to the rear view...
1
1

Re: Car Finance
Worthless article (just fluff, no real help). Lots of spam - the real intention of nico, a Google Grouping Indonesian spammer.

Lierty (Legacy) electric antenna insert
Is it possible to replace just the telescopic insert on a 1999 Liberty, or must the whole antenna unit be replaced? Ours is broken :-(. I had success replacing the insert in a Volvo we had once, but...

Will removing rear sway soften the ride?
I want to make the ride more compliant, to be easier on my bod, and wonder how much the sway bar might make me feel the bumps more? Hate to reduce the handling, but want a more comfortable ride for...
13
13

cracking rubber side window gaskets, new
noticed there are small cracks in the rubber around the top of the rubber at the top of the side windows, on an 07' Imp, like it is old. It is soft and pliable, and looks like different pieces joined...
4
4

SOHC EJ25: Valve stem seals?
My (Oz-built) '99 outback (US Legacy/liberty) is smoking like a chimney. Engine is SOHC (phase-2?) It seems to be valve stem related. 1) Compression is good and matched, 2) There is no oil in water or...
16
16

oil change question
Hi, Can leaving the engine for the cold night without filling up with new oil after the previous was drained from the warmed up bike or car be harmful in any way? Then next morning you fill it up cold...
6
6