Latest threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Starter on a 1999 Subaru Outback Legacy
My Outback has about 116K miles on it and in the last couple of weeks, I've been having trouble starting my car. When the get the key to the "Start" position, I can hear the relay clicking, but the...
9
9

Creak Noise When Braking
For lack of a better term my car makes a creak noise or soft cracking noise when applying the brakes but the noise does not seem to be coming from the brakes but from under passenger side of car. When...
3
3

'99 Legacy Outback power steering hesitation
A month ago I had 4 new tires put on and a computer analyzed 4 wheel alignment done. A week or so later, I had 4 new rotors & pads put on at Meineke. Trouble is that since that was all done, the power...
7
7

Service Repair Manual for 1996 Subaru Legacy
Hi Guys, I'm looking for the service repair manual for 1996 subaru legacy.I will help me a great know where it's available on the net maybe in PDF Format for me to download? Rgds, Macharia
1
1

'07 vs '08 Outback Sport
Are there any significant differences between these two model years? I'm thinking of replacing my '01 OBS and the only differences I've seen have been cosmetic. David
5
5

Can't remove ball joint, '89 Subaru GL Hatch
Trying to remove ball joint from an '89 Suby GL hatch, won't come loose from either the top or the bottom. Using instructions here: tried methods for Sedan Coupe, Loyale, XT, Wagon and Brat and Legacy...
13
13

knocking when turning hard left or right
Hi, can any one help. I had a knocking/crunching noise when turning hard left or right at low speed. Had the CVJ's replaced. OK for a day then fault has actually got worse. Any ideas any body. thanks....
3
3

driver's side low-beam headlight not working 1990 Loyale
Good morning kind Subaru drivers- So I've found that all of the folks flashing their high-beams at me as I drive to work were NOT telling me of an upcoming speed-trap - rather, my driver's side...
3
3

Help! Stuck rear seat belt on 98 Impreza wagon
Hi Folks, I would appreciate some help on this. My 98 Impreza BSW right rear seatbelt is stuck. It seems to have been caused by having 3 child seats in the back seat. It appears the child- seat lock...
3
3

overhead light doesn't go on when door opens
....after i had my headlight replaced last week, my overhead light in the car no longer turns on when a door is opened. The switch is in the correct position. Is this likely to be a fuse box or a...
7
7

Legacy 1996 Check engine light problem
Hi Guys, Recently, my Subaru Legacy '96 started showing the check engine light for about a minute every time i start it. When i start the car,RPM's go up to 2000 and then start fluctuating between...
2
2

removing the center rear headrest, wgn?
trying to remove the rear center headrest in an 07' Imp wagon. I took the side ones off because they limited rear view, and though it is smaller, it still distracts when looking in the rear mirror,...
8
8

Req: Need Help Determining front differential ratios.
Hi. I have a 1992 Legacy 2.2L with Turbo AWD. I have read that the differential ratio is different for the turbo than the non-turbo. And, of course, both front differential and rear differential must...
1
1

power window failure
The window at the driver's position will go down, but not up. The switch feels normal, but the glass won't go. My friendly Subaru dealer wants to replace the window motor and the "controller." Cost:...
9
9

tire rotatation on Forester?
how do i properly rotate tires on Forester ... ftonts crossed to back and back directly to front? i am using non-directional tires thank you for advice FrontLeft FrontRight / / / | / | | |/ / |...
1
1