Latest threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Overfilling with oil: any concern?
On my wife's 2001 Forester, I had to have the head gasket replaced on one side. The mechanic, whom we consider to be competent, based on our previous experience, overfilled it when he replaced the...
11
11

Oh no! It's yet another tire thread! this time with an ever so slight snowbelt twist
I know you guys in the US just love all seasons. At least the subaristas in the kaulifornia (I could see why you don't want to reshoe just to go up to the tahoe roadjam crawls on I-50and I-80 :-) Are...
1
1

It's only fair to FHI (to make a honorable mention of a precursor of SX4)
Since I've been bashing and trashing the transmittion engagement on the US 2005 OBS It's only fair to FHI that I report that I did indeed find a 4WD 5SP car with the stick that works far worse than...
4
4

cruise control stopped working
After a recent oil change that I had done by a mechanic, I noticed my cruise control stopped working. The light goes on, the fuses all check out. I suspect it is the brake sending unit that the...
2
2

How does opening the door activate the interior light (97 Brighton Wagon)
The last time I had reason to think about this on a car, it was just a button that got pushed closed when you closed the door. Well, my interior light is no longer activated by the drivers door -...
5
5

NOX sensor replacement
My daughter is driving across a few states today coming back from a trip in her 2001 Forester and her check engine light came on. At the last gas stop before it came on she noticed her gas mileage was...
8
8

Re: '93 Impreza - CEL 33 - Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS)
Just reread the OP and see you where off the road when this failed. Now thinking you probably did rip the rear VSS wire off. Look on the right side of the tailshaft for it.
3
3

Re: '93 Impreza - CEL 33 - Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS)
This car should have two VSS. One is located in the instrument panel. If the speedometer cable or speedometer fails, so does the VSS. The other VSS is located in the very rear of the transmission if...

Coolant for 08 Forester
I have 30K on my 08 Forester. I see that the maintenance schedule recommends a coolant change. What retail coolant in the US do you guys recommend using? I plan on dropping the thermostat and doing a...
2
2

What to do. Bad rod in Outback
My mechanic tells me I have a bad rod in my '97 Outback. It still runs, and everything on the car works, but I'm waiting for an estimate on a rebuilt engine. Mechanic said I should park it. I paid...
25
25

Req: Scan of last chapter of 1998 Subaru Legacy Outback owner's manual
Does anyone have the owners manual for a 1998 Subaru Legacy Outback? If so could you scan the chapter that has the mainence schedule for this car? John
3
3

Subaru releases new Forester X Columbia in Australia
Subaru has collaborated with outdoor gear company Columbia for some time in other markets, and the latest result is the limited edition 2010 Forester X Columbia. This version swaps out the standard...
1
1

Aiming headlights on 00 OBW
I replaced the low beams on my outback and now my driver's side high beam is aimed lower than my low beam...how is that possible? I've tried re-aiming the lights but it seems you cannot separate the...
4
4

trunk opens in cold weather
Odd problem with my 08 Impreza. Got it in the fall. The trunk has opened three times over the past two weeks overnight during cold weather. Nothing was taken or even touched, and the car was not...
1
1

Old Subaru GL Coupe AWD...
This is the vehicle that started the long-winded Fram filter discussion. I have since changed to a Wix, and the oil pressure is up very slightly on the gauge. But that's not what I came here to talk...
43
43