Latest threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

fuel smell from gas filler neck area on 95 legacy.
I've lived with this problem for years, but have finally gotten fed up with it. My 95 legacy is leaking fuel vapor somewhere, and I can't figure out where. If I fill it much past 3/4 tank, then take a...
7
7

PZEV? How?
How is it that subaru can get the PZEVC badge without shutting the engine off? I asked a subaru salesman, and he said that there are four emissions tests, and on two of them subaru qualified as having...
6
6

Service Program WVM-23
I just received a notice telling me to bring my Subie in to have the computer reprogrammed. It apparently covers "2006-2009 Subaru Legacy / Outback or 2008-2010 Subbaru Forester with a 2.5 Liter...
1
1

Subaru VIP purchase... fact or fiction?
Has anyone bought a new Subie using the VIP purchase deal posted here...
2
2

Spark plug connector pulled...oil dribbles out
After reading the many threads here about how to change spark plugs, I thought I was prepared for anything when I lifted aside the windshield washer tank and air intake of our Forester (2001, 125K...
8
8

Subaru Previews WRX STI, Legacy Concepts for SEMA
Three of the Subaru concepts to appear at SEMA 2009 have been previewed. They are an Impreza STI-based fire-breather, a Legacy with VIP treatment and a delivery van from 1969. Read More: NewsHub:...

Door open light stays ON - all doors ARE closed
Hello everyone, Wife's Subaru Forester 2002 - out of the blue, door open warning light would not turn off no matter what. All doors are most certainly closed, checked all five severla times. Tried...
3
3

DIN filler box official name?
I replaced the factory double DIN reciever/CD player with a single DIN receiver in my impreza. Now there is a gap below the receiver. What is the name for this DIN size filler box in subaru's parts...
3
3

little tips for replacing a timing belt.
I did my timing belt this weekend and had surprisingly few problems. I used the article at endwrench in the archives section. It's a four page article called 2.2 Liter Single Overhead Cam Timing Belt...
7
7

Who needs a fan, part 2...64 degrees, 60 MPH, 60 miles...
and no problem. The temp sat right on the thermostat. I wanted to see how it would perform on a warmer day and the results were no diffferent. Oh, except fuel economy went up about 3 MPG...
8
8

Report: Subaru's STI readying high-performance FT-86 variant
Subaru's version of the FT-86 sports coupe may be lagging behind its Toyota counterpart in the development process, but a new report indicates the Subie version will be well worth the wait. In...

Shudder caused by leaking power steering fluid
Here's an update on my previous problem. Finally got it over to the dealership the other day, and we found out what the problem is. The power steering fluid is leaking out, and it's because the rubber...
9
9

Terminal experiment #3762...who needs a fan?
So, just for laughs I removed the mechanical fan from my Sube GL (89 Coupe) Ambient temp today was about 52 degrees, normal for this time of year. Temperature ran warm until the thermostat opened, and...
13
13

No Rwd Subarus for Australia
THE HEAD OF SUBARU AUSTRALIA has said it would be =93unlikely=94 that the Subaru-branded version of Toyota=92s upcoming FT-86 budget RWD sports car (above) will ever come to Australia, citing the...
1
1

Low oil p. 89 GL 1.8
Replaced the gasket around the oil pump, and the horrible clattering noise went away. The oil pressure was GREAT until this morning. I removed the dipstick to check the level, the level was fine, but...
15
15