1989 Ford Ranger, automatic

I'm having problems getting spark to my spark plugs, the time is fine, I replaced the the computer,........etc.

Reply to
sneezer

most common problem is the module in the distributor

Reply to
tdbryant

You can take them out and get them tested for free at some auto parts stores. Most will have a tester to confirm they are bad when applying for a replacement under warranty. I wrote up my experience with one at

and click on "cars". I got a lot of advice here which will be in the archives somewhere.

Reply to
William R. Watt

Sorry guys gave you the wrong info. My pickup uses electronic ignition.

Reply to
sneezer