1996 neon stalled / won't start

My nephew recently bought a 1996 neon. He has been driving it for the past month or two. Today on his way to work, it stalled. He managed to push it to a nearby lot. The engine turns over just fine, but it won't start. There is gas, but I'm not sure of spark - I'll check that tomorrow. It appears that the timing belt is NOT broken, but could it have jumped? any other common problems with this model year that I should be aware of before I offer to help fix it ?

Thanks! Doug

Reply to
Doug

Cam and/or crank position sensor failed.

Doug wrote:

Reply to
Mike Behnke

Reply to