1998 Plymouth Breeze keeps dying.....PLEASE HELP!

My car keeps dying, and it doesn't care where it does it! The coil was changed, and it ran a little better, but a day or so later, started dying once again, and this time the check engine light came on. A friend of mine, did a tune up, replaced the spark plugs, wires and also changed the fuel filter. He told me to put a bottle of fuel system cleaner in my tank, in which I did. I heard it'll work after you use up the full tank of gas. Problem is, I can't start it to use the gas. The check engine light is off now, but the car still keeps dying whenever it pleases. Can someone PLEASE tell me what's wrong. I have already put $400 into it, and can't afford much more. I will appreciate all help.

Thank You! Linda

Reply to
LindaLee1949

Shep

Does is make any noises when it dies? Does it quit suddenly or cough and spit for a while first? Does it quit when you step on the gas or take your foot off the gas? Does it quit when it's accellerating or slowing down or sitting still?

--

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ William R Watt National Capital FreeNet Ottawa's free community network homepage:

William R. Watt