92 V6 Camery heat sensor

The heat indicator in my 92 V6 camry does not work. The dial doesn't move. Where is the sensor plug located? I suspect that is the problem. Or do you have a different suggestion? Thanks, Ed

Reply to
Badermath

I assume you mean the coolant temperature gauge in the dash. The temperature sender is in the intake manifold, between the two cylinder heads, at the front of the engine (passenger side of engine compartment). It's connector is black plastic and has only one terminal.

I suggest you consider replacing the thermostat if it is stuck open. This is a much more likely cause, unless you find that someone just left the temp sender connector off during a previous repair.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

Toyota MDT in MO, Thank you very much--I found it and it has been replaced. Ed

Reply to
Badermath