Fuel Filter Change 200 explorer- #$%@&

Attempted to change the fuel filter in 2000 explorer with a special tool as recommended by auto parts store but still can not get the lines to disengage from the filter. What in the hell am I doing wrong!!!

Reply to
TWRud

Lube the crap out of the fittings with spray first. Use the next lager size tool in the kit....it works better. Release the fuel ine pressure first also.

Reply to
bomar

I agree with bomar. Spray CRC or WD40 into the fuel connections at the filter. Spin the filter on the lines to loosen it. Push the lines in towards the filter before inserting the tool. Hold the tool in while pulling the line off. Use caution. A damaged fuel line clip can be costly.

John

Reply to
PC PODD

Here's the problem: If you try and FORCE the filter off before the release tool is inserted, you bend the spring steel clips back and COMPOUND your misery. Even IF it comes apart after that, the least you'll need will be new clips. Sorry I can't be more optimistic....

Randy

Reply to
rokkinhorse

Use the larger of the two tools in the set. As opposed to the one that fits properly. You'll have better luck that way.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Push the lines in towards the filter before inserting the tool. Spray with WD40 or CRC. Spin filter on lines to loosen then insert tool. Hold tool in while pulling line off.

Reply to
PC PODD

When did Ford change to the newer, no-tool-needed version of these connectors? Took me a time of cussing at the insert tools before I realized the 2002 Ranger had these different style connectors at the filter.

Reply to
ROBBCWZ