95 Grand Prix with #3 Solenoid Error

Been having transmission problems with my car. The tranny is slippin

(mostly when it is cold, after driving for about 10 mins it doesn' slip). Engine light came on and shows a #3 solenoid failure. I'v been looking all over the next to point me in the right direction. Some history on the car. We drained the tranny fluid and put new alon with some treatment, help a little but not much. The top half of th engine was taken apart and cleaned for oil sludge about 36000 mile ago.

Now, I've seen where the planum(sp?) may be clogged and causing thi

error and found plenty of comments where they state where most times i isn't the solenoid but something else that is making it look like it.

Anyone have any ideas on what I should look at first

Reply to
qnvikki