95 Honda A/C noise

I bought a 95 Honda Civic EX with 74k on it. I had a mechanic replace the timing belt and 3 accessory belts to be on the safe side. It's been almost 2 months now and I just started hearing a noise under the dash up by the firewall when the A/C is turned on, It sounds like a short burst of air lasting just under 1 second. Observing the noise frequency, which is still sporadic on my 30 min. drive to work, the sound now 1 week later last about 2 full seconds, still sporadic, mixed with shorter burst as earlier. Can anyone tell me what it may be and what to look for?

Reply to
dpadre

It's usually shiny blue aluminium and connected to braided air hoses. It's called a "blow-off valve" and you may find that this car also has a second radiator called an "intercooler" which you will use to intimidate pedestrians and other drivers. You can avoid the problem by not being a boy-racer, however it may impact on your "pussy rating" in the short to medium term.

Reply to
nottoooily

Ok, now the noise is immediately after switching the air conditioner on after pulling out into the street. The sound is the same as last time but just longer now, like 4-5 seconds and a lot more frequent within the first 10 minutes, now that it last longer, when you first hear it, it makes you think of a burst of air, but now it sounds like water running thru a pipe like in a house. Despite of the comment I got about the blow off valve, I do not rev the motor at all! I'm not sure if it is a pressure build up being released in a tube or a vacuum system that is trying to seal off. I'm just not sure, but it sounds like it is coming from under the dash inside the car, not like a squeaky belt outside

Reply to
dpadre