Anybody Remember 'PowrKraft' or 'ACTION' mechanics tools?

Just curious if anybody else remembered these brands?

The PowrKrafts were pretty good I seem to recall from Monkey Wards - probably a Craftsman competitor would be my guess. (wonder what tool co made these for Wards)

Got an old 'Action' brand socket set from the late 1960s - broke one and lost one but otherwise pretty decent for 40+ yrs old and I like some aspects of the ratchet even by toda's standards. Each has an individual part# stamped on it and also "MFD USA". Anybody remember these or know 'who' marketed them or 'where' they came from? They seem very similar to the Wards PowerKrafts.

Reply to
foobar

I could be wrong but I think my primary socket set is ACTION brand from K-mart back in the early 70's.

Reply to
AZGuy

Interesting - I wonder if this was a KMart 'brand' or a brand that KMart happened to carry 30 years ago or what. Now that I'm thinking about it - I'm halfway remembering KMart in connection to this brand as well... same general time frame too.

Maybe not the best stuff in the world perhaps but this set has lasted

30+ years and the individual part #s suggests Action was sold as both sets and individual replacements at one point in time.

Now that I think about it, this set came in a small red painted (now well scratched) metal box that snapped shut.

Any ideas on where I might find a single socket replacement in this brand? I searched ebay (only recently) and didn't come up w/ any hits for Action sockets or tools (or PowrKraft). Even though I rarely use it - it actually has a little sentimental value :)

Is eBay a good place to sell off extra odds & ends Craftsman sockets too?

thanks,

Reply to
foobar