Slightly OT: Anybody remember where this post came from?

There was a website posted (it might not have been here) that was about some magazine that took a car (I think it was a Sentra) and went extreme to mod it, and in the end they ended up removing the interior, all the body panels, all unneeded wiring and brackets, all the way to removing the rear of the car from the suspension mounts back. I can't remember the name of the magazine, or even if it was a Sentra or not, but I seem to remember it was kind of a joke, kind of satirical. Does anyone remember seeing this?

Tonyrama

Reply to
tonyrama

I remember that, I also think it was a Sentra. It looked like a skeleton of a car going around the track. I do remember that they took a huge amount of weight off of the car, along with a whole lot of structual stability I would guess. I'll bet that someone on the Nissan newsgroup can provide a link for you if it is still up.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Lanny Chambers

It was a kind of joke, but the modifications were not extreme. In fact, they did not even touch the surface. To mod Nissan Sentra to obtain sports car:

1) Remove Sentra. 2) Add Miata. 3) Go drive.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Thanks Lanny, just what I wanted. Tonyrama

Reply to
tonyrama