Car That Can Park Itself Put on Sale by Toyota

According to Noam Chomski, America, Britain, and Isreal are the axis of Evil. ;-)

Reply to
Philip®

According to me, Noam Chomsky can go soak his head.

Reply to
Daniel J Stern

You know, Revelations never does say what nation(s) are the big bad ones... Consider that for a moment...

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

I heard that the USA was the Hub of Ignorance

Reply to
Bernd Felsche

Now how can you say that about a Communist activist? ;-)

Reply to
Philip®

What qualifies you to make that comment?

Reply to
Philip®

That would be penal colony down under.

Reply to
Philip®

Better than a penile colony.

Reply to
Bernd Felsche

Anyone may comment on mythology; no qualifications required.

Reply to
Richard Schumacher

My interpretation of all of the "Good Books" has been that "the bad guys" are everyone not currently reading this particular "Good Book".

It is all in the eyes of the interpreter, isn't it?

Dan

Reply to
Dan Gates

If you implement a "domestic consumption" plan, you hurt your economy in the short term and (when domestic production becomes completely impractical) and end up going to the Middle East in the end anyway. And of course Europe and Japan won't sign on to your plan so they'll be enriching the crazy people while the US is suffering with high energy prices.

Reply to
Matthew Russotto

A low effort comment from the secular audience.

Reply to
Philip®

Agreed. BTW, I viewed an excerpt of a very recent interview of Ahhhnold Schwarzenegger where he revealed his Hummer is being fitted with a hydrogen hybrid engine of some kind. Interesting. I also read recently of Air Products development of refueling stations to handle hydrogen, very similar to today's gasoline pumps. Interesting.

Reply to
Philip®

Just read it(that is, if you believe it - about half the U.S. isn't Christian last I checked). It seems silly for our leaders who do belive it to think that we are immune to anything bad.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

There was a study done some time ago where it was found that those while using RECIRC are breathing and rebreathing noxious fumes that have collected and concentrate themselves due to some chemical bondings with CO2, etc. I don't remember the article, complete with graphs & stuff, but t'was in Time or Newsweek or something. The upshot of the article was that it is actually DEADLY and CARCINOGENIC to persistently use RECIRCulated air, particularly in newer vehicles that effectively seal the outside from the inside.

The Owner's manual stated above is correct.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew S. Staben

There was no shortage of gasoline in the area. The problem was completely manmade in that the regulations did not allow for the other common and accessible variations to be sold in the area.

If the regulations were sensibly written, the pipeline failure would not have affected the supply in that manner.

Marc For email, remove the first "y" of "whineryy"

Reply to
Marc

"Therefore, to estimate carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide and hydrocarbon emissions, Tier 1 is assumed to be the applicable emissions standard for

1998 vehicles and older. "

From your own source, they estimated based off the standards. I knew as soon as I ran my first based off the fact that it was *way* off for the last vehicle I had tested. I left the emissions test in the glove box when I got rid of it, so I don't have that as a reference, but the disparity was sufficient for me to dig out that your reference apparently assigns the worst possible emissions allowed, and not what is actually emitted by the car in good working order.

Marc For email, remove the first "y" of "whineryy"

Reply to
Marc

Laughable? We coddle them and look the other way because we need their oil. The fact is, they funded and directly supported the 9/11 attacks, but we won't go after them due to our dependance and ties to their oil industry.

So, yes, it does cost us a lot.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

Well, that's what happens to the first design of any new technology. Those that use it are accepting a large risk of it having bugs and problems.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

Taking care of 5% or 10% of the problems we face as a country is still a good goal.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander