Car That Can Park Itself Put on Sale by Toyota

[...]

I'm not even going to go into the nastiness of diesels. But I've always used the max horsepower available in my cars when called for, so I think I'd find a hybrid to be pretty anemic.

Reply to
Matthew Russotto

Yeah, stay away from it. You can't rev the engine to impress anyone.

Reply to
mark digital©

Must be a microencephaletic hybrid driver; thinks the only reason for a top end is revving the engine. Maybe the increased EM field damages the brain; more likely the damaged brain causes the hybrid purchase.

Reply to
Matthew Russotto

I think you're trying to say something funny here but it's lost on your illogical chronological order. Try sitting up on your waterbed to compose. The extra distance between your head and the heating pad may make you think clearer.

Reply to
mark digital©

I'd have to know your specific car to be sure, and where you drive and how, but I think it's a safe bet to say you do NOT "always used the max horsepower available" in your cars.

Maximum horsepower is usually created at a fairly high RPM and only over a fairly narrow range of rpms. If you have a conventional transmission you are almost guaranteed that you are not near the correct engine speed at any given time.

That's why you need the 240 hp engine... to have enough hp available when your engine is not at it's peak.

That said... The Toyota hybrids have that same power available no matter what your car's speed is. The speed of the engine is not related to the speed of the tires.

Daniel

Reply to
dbs