Cleaning Inside of Rear Window

'07 Accord sedan with defroster wires on inside of rear glass. What's the recommended way to clean the glass without damaging the wires?

Reply to
Richard Blaine

Spray window cleaner on window, wipe off and buff to a shine.

Reply to
Brian Smith

Richard Blaine wrote in news:i0tgsm$k0b$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net:

what does your OWNERS MANUAL say? RTFM.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Richard Blaine wrote in news:i0tgsm$k0b$1 @news.albasani.net:

Those "wires" are pretty tough. Stay away from sandpaper, steel wool, and chisels, and you're fine with whatever you use.

Reply to
Tegger

That is probably the goofiest question yet on this NG.

Reply to
Clete

Remove wires, clean back glass with with Windex, replace wires.

Reply to
News

Ha good one. My first smile of the day, thanks.

Reply to
Clete

Clete wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Maybe. But those "wires" do look like paint, so it would be natural for some to assume the wires may be easily dissolved or damaged.

Reply to
Tegger

I have seen some cars where there are breaks to the defroster grid, but it is usually on much older vehicles.

I have also seen a few that have been repaired with the paint-on kits, and the repair has never looked very good. On my 1978 Datsun 280Z, I just took a razor blade and scraped the entire grid off.

Reply to
pws

Yeah right , Natural.

Reply to
Clete

What's even goofier are the 9 different responses to this thread, with only one that contains any useful information.

Reply to
Stewart

Lotsa tongue in cheek, though...

Reply to
News

FWIW - The manual for UK 2010 model CR-V quotes :-

"NOTICE

The rear window demister wires are bonded to the inside of the glass. Wiping vigorously up-and-down can dislodge and break the demister wires. When cleaning the rear window, use gentle pressure and wipe side-to-side."

This is preceded by instructions on various combinations of fluids and cloths/paper which I won't go into here, but I will quote them if asked and without any silly smart remarks.

Some of you folks are most uncharitable and arrogant - perhaps the guy with the 07 Accord lost the manual. Also he may not have got that far into it yet - after all it was on page 474 of 551 in mine!

Regards Traveller

Reply to
Traveller

You brits are special.