Diesel.

Watching Ice Road Truckers on the History channel.Some guys spent 12 hours repairing a fuel line leak on Lisa Kelly's truck.A guy said inhaling diesel can cause temporary nausea and even blindness. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Yeah I saw that too.. F*#(% that S#*%.

Reply to
CEG

The nausea is true, but I never heard about any blindness. Packard made a diesel aircraft engine, and that was the biggest pilot complaint- nausea from the fumes. The big wheel in the company pushing the diesel aircraft engine was killed in the crash of the test aircraft and the company dropped the project. I know the Germans made several diesel aircraft- don't know if they had better tank venting or if they just suffered with it.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

The common german desel was the Junkers Jumo 205.

6 cylinders. 2 crankshafts, 12 pistons, huge supercharger.. Opposed pistons, 2 stroke... Pretty cool stuff. HTH Ben
Reply to
ben91932

And also there was Castor Oil to lubricate engines. Old timey ''Exlax'', it was. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin