diesel-pentane blend to reduce emissions?

Diesels seems to be on the way out. Not only because of cheating, but also
the issue of diesel particulate filters being fucked up by urban driving
patterns, with expensive replacement jobs.
I can only find one journal paper about diesel-pentane blend which
reported up to 18% reduction in NOx emissions.
Now diesel engines with "LPG conversion" actually burn mostly diesel and
20-25% propane. This results in very little soot in the exhaust.
I am curious if pentane would also reduce the soot.
Although, it is probably not practical solution, as refineries would have
to produce more pentane, which is around $2 a kg for a tanker load.
Reply to
pedro1492

Site Timeline Threads