parts?

hello, in the last year I have put in 2 distributors, from advance auto parts, in my 1998 dodge stratus es. the first one was because the coils in it was bad. the second one was because the cam position sensor was bad. now exactly one year from the time i replaced the second one I'm having the same problem again, p0240 cam position sensor,and the symptoms are exactly the same. i'm beginning to think it's time to find a different place or manufacturer for my distributor. they gave me a lifetime warranty on this part ,but i don't want to change this out every year. any suggestions or thoughts? thanks

Reply to
Randy Pape

hello, in the last year I have put in 2 distributors, from advance auto parts, in my 1998 dodge stratus es. the first one was because the coils in it was bad. the second one was because the cam position sensor was bad. now exactly one year from the time i replaced the second one I'm having the same problem again, p0240 cam position sensor,and the symptoms are exactly the same. i'm beginning to think it's time to find a different place or manufacturer for my distributor. they gave me a lifetime warranty on this part ,but i don't want to change this out every year. any suggestions or thoughts? thanks

Reply to
Randy Pape

Dodgeparts.com - oem section. They've been great, although too often it's hard to plan ahead and get what you need before being disabled. But usually quite the bargain for a better part when, as you say, you consider double the cost for parts and labor for an alternative. Lifetime warranty doesn't do much for me anymore. Otherwise Napa, maybe Carquest. There are a lot of really crappy aftermarket parts out there.

You might look at plugs and wires as well. Too much resistance can fry your coil, no?

- Nate

Reply to
Dll

I'd try a Chrysler part next. I value my time as well and find using Chrysler parts worth while. Labor cost is the big saving when I fix my own car.

Reply to
Some O

I agree, it was tmie to find another parts supplier the very first time you needed a distributor.......maybe MOPAR?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

thanks for the replies. i do all my own work, and you're right the warranty doesn't mean squat if i have to tear it apart every year :-( i will look else where for my next part.

Reply to
Randy Pape