Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

"The current interpretation by those who advocate that the feature on the rock is a human figure is that it commemorates a fallen member of the party of Henry Sinclair, a Scottish Earl whom some believe to have made a voyage to the New World in 1398, " This is the earliest solid evidence of Europeans in North America:
'Anse_aux_Meadows "Workshops were identified as an iron smithy containing a forge and iron slag, "

"Food remains included butternuts, which are significant because they do not grow naturally north of New Brunswick, " Or maybe they once grew further north in the warmer climate?

"This area is no longer rich in game due in large part to the harsh climate that plagues the region for a lot of the year."

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Your ignorance certainly is Dumbie.

Reply to
krw

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message news:kgod5c$v5r$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me...

When I was in the Army in Germany I was the designated stuckee for get-to-know-the-locals jaunts. One was a tour of the local sewage treatment plant. After the guide had led us through the flower-bordered, unfenced, settling ponds she opened the door to a huge Diesel engine that ran on methane from a sludge digester dome beside it. It powered the facility and passed the excess power to the city. IIRC she said they had never needed to change the oil in it.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Read the first comment by SteamRoss.53. He has it right, except for the uniflow steam engines running on superheated steam. The whole point of uniflows is to avoid the need for superheated steam. You can do it, but it has nothing to do with the uniflow's operation or performance.

Other than that minor nitpick, the guy knows what he's talking about.

A hyped-up flash-boiler feeding a radial engine. They've been around for over 100 years.

Note that the feature pushed for the "Cyclone" is fuel flexibility. That's what drove the Stirling developments in the 1970s, including Ford's fleet of Stirling-powered postal trucks.

What happened is that we since learned how to burn just about any liquid or gaseous fuel in IC engines, and they have many advantages.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

It's a very subtle skill that begs for hands-on instruction. If I wanted to really get into it, that's what I'd do.

Oh, I'm sure.

My interest in the subject goes back to the early '60s, when I received a copy of _Sports Car Bodywork_ for Christmas. I always wanted to try it but not to build a car body. I just wanted to know something about doing it.

So, not many years ago I was offered some 3003 aluminum, and I thought I'd give it a try.

If you get good at it, let us know how difficult it is, or not. It looks to me like the real experts can do it with amazing speed, even without an English wheel or power planisher.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Same for the Cymri. A pox on your Horsa and Hengist!

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

that travels

Paleface? Im Original People. Ojibwa.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Ayup..Columbus was a late comer.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

I knew you'd reply here. So predictable !!

Reply to
Doug

Bunker fuel will burn in a pickup truck?

  1. Lie
Gunner

Ayaaaah!!

  1. Lie
Gunner

If we're reduced to bunker oil, it will mean that your pickup truck is too hot with radiation to drive, and you'll either be deep underground or dead.

Do you have bunker oil stations in Taft?

Reply to
Ed Huntress

that travels

Gesundheit!

Reply to
krw

You replied to me, with an asinine post and then are *shocked* that I replied to you? Dumbie, you are as stupid as they come. ...but you knew that.

Reply to
krw

We have bunker oil wells in Taft.

You do know I live in the middle of the Kern-Sunset oil fields, right?

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

every 50 miles

that travels

ROFLMAO!!!!

Well done!!!

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

OVER the world

rolled and were

ve two under your

It was done because US armed forces burned down the equivalent Canadian place.

It also demoralised the enemy. Let them know they were beat.

US forces are till at it, what happened to Saddam's palaces.?

Reply to
harry

Reply to
harry

:
:

very 50 miles

ne that travels

All part of the American attempt to justify colonisation and ethnic cleansing. Invent some history.

Reply to
harry

I'm likely a bit Pictish myself as my mother is from Scotland.

Pretty sure the US indians want you to go home too. Unless you are a Pawnee or something.

Reply to
harry