elec. motor

I hope this isnt off topic... I'm wiring an exhaust fan for an auto paint booth. Problem is, I'm a painter, not an electrician.

http://142.165.246.187/wiring.jpg I would have thought it to have 3 wires - 2 hot and a ground - but theres 4. I want to be able to reverse the motor with a switch, so I guess I have 2 questions...

1) What do L1, L2, T5, and T8 mean?

2) How do I wire the reverse button? Im more familiar with DC circuits and never work with AC beyond installing lights and outlets.

Thanks!

Reply to
jacko

Ok, I figured it out, L1 and L2 are hot, T5 and T8 are for the starter winding, and they go to inside the motor (I didnt realize this).

Double pole double throw switch? What amperage does it need to be rated at for 110V? The wire is AWG18. Where can I buy something like this? I'm in saskatoon, SK.

Reply to
jacko