Fan clutch nut on 1993 Explorer

Does anyone know the correct size of the fan clutch nut on a 1993 Ford Explorer 4x4? I want to get correct size wrench. Thanks in advance

Reply to
nelsoninmaryland

Most parts stores have a fan clutch wrench kit with the wrench and holder for this for about $15US. AFIK, all of those Ford nuts are tha same size. I doubt you will be able a wrench that size any cheaper and you will still need some way to hold the other part.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

Don't forget autozone, pep-boys, etc. loan specialty tools.

Me, I took a piece of metal and ground myself an open-end wrench.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

and you will still need some way to hold the other part. Normally I'll put the wrench on the nut and hit it with a hammer in the proper direction. I Think it is a 1 3/8" Thanks, Tony D. "

Reply to
ANTHONY DIODATI

Thanks much. Now I don't have to pay someone else to do it.

Reply to
nelsoninmaryland

Thanks, good idea.

Reply to