Hippe van lives!

who knew they still built them?

bob

Reply to
bob

Drove one thru a dozen countries in Europe back in the mid-70's. Very fun trip. Fastest it felt capable of going was 60 kph and we were passed a lot on the Autobahn, often with dirty looks.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

The 1973 Type II that I drove for a while topped out at about 110 kph, but I only wanted to do that on a rural freeway in flat terrain, low traffic, and low wind conditions due to the slop in the steering, crosswind instability, and questionable brakes and handling.

The Type II passed its sell by date at least 50 years before it went out of production.

Reply to
T0m $herman

people in Brazil, obviously

doh!