How to get out of car if power locks, windows don't work

...and the windows are bulletproof and the rear seat can't fold down?

Reply to
larrymoencurly

If it were me, I'd open the door.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

bait car?

Reply to
m6onz5a

Spin it into a power pole.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Bait Car, It's a really good shew. (Ed Sullivan) Some of those car thieves leave the drivers side door open just enough so they can jump out and run.

Reply to
JR

That's actually not a dumb question. At least the E9x series of BMW do not have a direct linkage between the inside door handle and the latch assembl y; it's all done with switches and solenoids. The latches to fold down the rear seat are inside the trunk. So, in the event of a complete electrical failure (and, that is actually possible if you have not had the battery ca ble recall done yet) if the windows and sunroof are closed, you have two op tions to get out of the car - try to reach through the ski pass through in the back seat (if you have one, it was an option) and unlatch one of the re ar seat backs, then pop the trunk with the emergency release, or break a wi ndow. After seeing a forum post where someone's wife was trapped inside th eir newish BMW for several hours because he wasn't nearby with the other ke y to actuate the outside door handle, I bought one of those little window b reaker things and have it in the ashtray - just in case. I'd prefer not to die in such an embarrassing manner...

Reply to
N8N

Wife's car, except hers allows escape through the hatchback.

I'm not as paranoid as her about the dangers of life, but I am typing from an underground bunker (fallout shelter -- old house).

Reply to
larrymoencurly

I don't think a glass breaking tool would work with the bulletproof windows.

Reply to
larrymoencurly

That's a ticket for a convertible with bulletproof windows then :^)

Reply to
isquat

So this isn't speculation but you actually have a vehicle with bulletproof windows? You bought a Merc off a Colombian used car lot?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

It was bought new but isn't a luxury model, just something fairly cheap with armor added by a company that specializes in that kind of stuff.

Reply to
larrymoencurly