ID old mat logo?

Just to satisfy my curiosity, can anyone ID this old vehicle logo:

I've no idea if it came from a car or truck, or how old it is. Googling hasn't turned up anything; I suppose it may have been unique to the floor mats, and not a maker's main logo or anything.

(Sorry for posting in .tech; .vintage seems dead, and web forums drive me crazy ;-)

thanks!

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Jules Richardson wrote in news:l3hkje$p3e$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Looks to me like an aftermarket mat and logo.

Reply to
Tegger

I agree, although I can't be certain of that.

What kind of car was it found in?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Yesterday, I was guessing Pontiac, because of Pontiac's variety of old logos. But now I don't think it is Pontiac. Meself, I would like to know too.

Reply to
JR

Hmm, bummer - less interesting than it might have been, if so.

It wasn't; I found it at the back of an old shed on our property when we bought it. It was with an old seat, but there's so little of that left other than the metal springs/frame and a bit of rotting upholstery that I doubt anyone could use it for any kind of ID - assuming that they even came from the same vehicle.

There is the remains of a Packard 110 spread out over the property, but the floor mat image didn't seem to tie in with that. Every so often I'll find a piece of a Ford in the woods, too, but I'm not aware of Ford using that logo for anything (could be wrong, of course!)

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Ah, it looked like it might have been in the trunk of a car in the pic, is why I asked.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Send that picture to Jay Leno. Maybe he can find out?

Reply to
JR