starter motor id anyone?

I have just discovered lurking in my loft a Starter motor, it is a pre-engaged type, on the alloy bit is the old Rootes Group emblem (5 triangles with the points together) and the id MEA 16-2. As it has probably been up there for over twenty years I cannot remember what it is for. As it looks almost new I am loathe to scrap it and would like to ebay it, but I don't know what it might fit. A quick google does not bring up anything sensible at all, so any ideas, anyone, please?

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Could you stick a picture up somewhere ..Talbot Sunbeam ,Avenger , Singer Chammy ... Did you ever have such a Rootes car or any Rootes car ?

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Thinking a bit more perhaps some place like this could help identify it .

The Rootes symbol is called,I think from memory,a Pentastar. I certainly wouldn't scrap it ...If all else fails I'd even Ebay it without being able to ID the car it would fit...surprising what folk will buy ..make sure it goes in the " Rootes" etc section. Need more than a Large Letter stamp tho'...lol

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

It wasn't from anything of mine, but people have often given me bits, and I find it hard to dispose of them as scrap. Its appearance is very generic, no odd shapes to the mount or anything. I suppose the bolt spacing and number of teeth would be important. I'll stick it on ebay when I can work out postage cost!!

Reply to
Mrcheerful

To be picky, I think that's the Chrysler logo, so only brought in after their take-over of Rootes in the late sixties.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

I believe you are correct ..and then there is Talbot in the equation?...as in Talbot Sunbeam which I had several of ..not to be confused with Sunbam Talbot which is an entirely different animal.

Usenet Nutter