Interesting story about home automobile gasoline filling stations in residential property

After you brush your teeth with your car.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

You might be right but my guess is that the energy is not wasted if not transferred. I would assume the frequency would be somewhat high.

Reply to
dsi1

My assumption is that the electric car will come to pass simply because it's going to be a lot cheaper and simpler and faster and more profitable to manufacture and sell. Technology moves fast these days.

Reply to
dsi1

His fans tend to be a little kooky...

Reply to
dsi1

No resources was wasted in the posting of this message...

Reply to
dsi1

I'm sorry, my religion does not allow me to discuss such matters in mixed company. For was It not Jesus that said "thou shall not center post?" ?

.
Reply to
dsi1

No doubt we will have a model that flies, too, before long! :)

Reply to
Larry W

I think the electric car is being forced on us, by politicians who have little connection with reality. And want us to have the least effective consumer goods that can be forced on us. Detergents without phosphate, and the list goes on from there.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You mean two or three times a NIGHT, don't you? On the other hand, it now takes me all night to do what I used to do all night.

Reply to
HeyBub

While what he's doing isn't necessarily the most intelligent or sensible thing to do, he is well within his rights to do it. There is no reason to change a thing about what he's doing.

The neighbor is clearly vindictive and retaliating against the OP. Giving in and getting rid of the drum won't help. The neighbor will find something else to complain about.

Reply to
dennisgauge

The thing about induction charging is that you get a lot of loss as the distance increases... it's greater than inverse-square law loss.

Not so much of a problem for a system you keep in the garage where you can position the thing so it's a quarter-inch away from the coil in the trunk when you drive into it. Not very practical for use on the highway where you have trouble maintaining a fairly close contact.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

                    (H L Mencken)

. lonestar. org

The old associate the electric car with the flying car ploy. Nice! ????

Reply to
dsi1

Sure, it might be forced on us but the electric has some advantages so lets all try to grin and be happy! ?

Reply to
dsi1

That's right! It was the stinkin' Roman's fault! They probably even top posted that "King of the Jews" stuff. Where were that netcops when we needed them?

Reply to
dsi1

How about a passive changing system where permanent magnets are embedded in the road on downhill slopes so you can be charging free of err.... charge? :-)

Reply to
dsi1

ZDNet-

I'd bet on it being wasted, some of it has to be "tramsferred", think radio or TV transmitters.

Particularly if the coils have to be laid end to end* and the cars are spaced a quarter mile or so apart.

  • "If all the girls who attended the Yale prom were laid end to end -- I wouldn't be a bit surprised." (a Dorothy Parker quote)

Jeff

Reply to
jeff_wisnia

Doesn't sound as efficient as just letting the car's wheels drive the electric motor in generator mode.

Jeff

Reply to
jeff_wisnia

Did you see David Bowie's portrayal of him in the movie "The Prestige"?

Jeff

Reply to
jeff_wisnia

I know what you mean. What my wife and I used to do for hours now takes us four hours.

Jeff

Reply to
jeff_wisnia