jaguar 4.0 litre ignition amplifier

when i bought the jag it ran great after a couple of months the automatic transmission failure light came on and the car would not start i bought a new ignition amplifier and it was allright again for a week i am now on my third ignition amplifier and yep you guessed it its gone again the vcm is not showing anything when i press it so maybe that is broke please any help would be great

Reply to
yozza

sounds like you might have fried something i would not try swapping out more parts without knowing what the real problem is but i would take it to a competent jag dealer or shop for an evaluation you may have toasted at least one chip but it will be impossible to tell without the proper equipment so have the car towed and get ready for a not inexpensive repair and in the future don't start replacing parts without analyzing the problem and determing the cause

Can I make one request? Please consider using basic punctuation, complete sentences and capitals. Your mesages will be much easier to read.

Reply to
John S.