Japanese cars are the best

I doubt that the assembly plant has anything to do with that. Nissan's first attempt at a full-size truck platform (but it still uses a comically small-looking ring-and-pinion set!), first attempt at a v8- bound to be a pile of junk. No surprise at all, just like the Toyota T-100 was a disaster.

Reply to
Steve

Many years ago a lot of people from the South moved up North to work in the auto factories.If a car/truck company turns out a car/truck desigh that isn't so good,it isn't the fault of the people who work on the assembly lines.At first the Nissan factory in Mississippi was having problems with the paint quality on the vehicles.Nissan sent some people from Japan to Mississippi to find out what was causing the paint problems.Now the people who work on the assembly lines there do not wear wristwatches,metal belt buckles,ear rings or other kinds of metal objets when they are working at the assembly lines.No more scratches and nicks on the paint jobs. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I didn't do this when the first one hit 100,000. I didn't do this when the next one hit 200,000. If my Corolla GTS makes it to 300,000, I may do this.

But I doubt it...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Well, my friend you are about to discover more about crappy & poorly thought out engineering than you ever wanted to learn. If there's a special place in hell for GM engineers, it's right next door to the one for Toyota engineers.

Reply to
Bobby The D

Could be. As I said, it will be a learning experience.

Reply to
<HLS