Kumho tires

I bought new about eight years ago for my 1983 Dodge B250 van. I had the va
n in storage for almost two years. Last week when I drove the van I heard a
humming noise. I only drove the van about 2,240 miles since I had the new
tires. Would the age of the tires cause the humming noise?
Reply to
allisellis851
Yes, tires can develop problems due to age and long term storage, regardless of mileage
Some reading here:
Flat Spotting
Tire Aging
Reply to
Retired
In article , wrote:
If they are eight years old, I'd suspect dry rot. Tires are wear items. Inspect them carefully and see. --scott
Reply to
Scott Dorsey
I am thinking a new set of Cooper (model) Trendsetter SE tires. Or what do you reccomend for new tires for my van that aren't too expensive? I am a sl ow careful driver,I don't get on the Interstates unless I have to. A tire s tore (
) near me advertizes them for sale for $86.99 each tire. I saw the same tires for sale at Walmart online for about $58.00 per tire, I think.
Reply to
allisellis851
In article , wrote:
Be aware that the Walmart tires sometimes look like regular name-brand tires but if you check the sidewall numbers you find they are specially made by that brand just for Walmart.
This probably doesn't matter to you... if you're driving so little that your tires are dry-rotting before they wear out, and you're not going on the highway or driving twisty country roads, you may well be fine with just buying the cheapest possible tires. --scott
Reply to
Scott Dorsey
Just make sure the tires you get are stamped with the prefix 'LT'(light truck) for that van, not 'P'(passenger). I personally know somebody who runs P- tires on his custom 1990 Econoline van, and warned him likewise.
Reply to
thekmanrocks
:
ruck) for that van, not 'P'(passenger). I personally know somebody who run s P- tires on his custom 1990 Econoline van, and warned him likewise.
My sister and brother in law are Sam's club members. He has Goodyear tires on his pickup truck. He said he bought them at Sam's. Maybe he will go with me to Sam's and I will pay him back the money for the tires. I suppose he saved money by buying his tires at Sam's.
Reply to
allisellis851
:
te:
truck) for that van, not 'P'(passenger). I personally know somebody who r uns P- tires on his custom 1990 Econoline van, and warned him likewise.
s on his pickup truck. He said he bought them at Sam's. Maybe he will go wi th me to Sam's and I will pay him back the money for the tires. I suppose h e saved money by buying his tires at Sam's.
This afternoon I bought four new Cooper Trendsetter SE tires for my old 198 3 Dodge van. It made a LOT of difference. Now my van runs smoother and quie ter and handles better. Total price was $453.32. From now on it is Cooper t ires for me.
Reply to
allisellis851

Site Timeline Threads