Lawn tractor pull

can a mongomery ward lawn tractor 12 1/2 hour pull a wooden ice shack?

Reply to
lovemyranger

Traction is likely to be your biggest problem. I had one of these and the power was fairly impressive but the light weight and inadequate tires precluded its being very useful to pull anything at all.

Reply to
hls

On a decent sled with good runners over clear ice, probably so. If you have snow it would depend. Over ground, maybe not. It would have to be very smooth ground and some sort of sled or wheels.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (lovemyranger) wrote in news:b9adnWUYP6mvUJHWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

With chains on it one would think. How do you know it takes 12 1/2 hours ?

I'd wait a couple months unless you live in Northern Finland though. Unless you want to be the headline in next Monday's local paper.

Reply to
fred

If you don't have chains, I have read before (many years ago) about a guy who used some rope on the rear wheels of his car, for extra traction.I love those old ''Tricks''. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Bolts and nuts through the tire work well on ice.

Reply to
Steve Austin

how about with chains and waight. that should work i dont no if this pic will work but il try. View the attachments for this post at:

lovemyranger

didnt mean HOUr Ment horse

Reply to
lovemyranger

How would i do that? this is the lawn mower the front metal thing is gone. and theres a hood now. buts it is heavy to start with. so anytips on pulling with the mower. or any tips the shanty part of pulling? View the attachments for this post at:

lovemyranger

I've been thinking about using my garden tractor to pull a sled with ice fishing equipment out onto the ice since I just can't walk the distance anymore. It's 24 hp so I think it could also pull a shanty. The only two problems I come up with are: 1. Pulling on snow covered ice, no problem but wind swept clear ice, the chains might just "skate" and not dig in when pulling a shanty. 2. Wisconsin requires that Snowmobiles and ATV have registration numbers (licensed by the state) to travel on lakes, not clear how that applies to a garden tractor, yet.

Tom G.

Reply to
Tom G

Ya good point. i dont think youd have to. and i worry about the cleance of going threw snow.

Reply to
lovemyranger

age

Judging by the fact that we are getting our first paltry snow today, I would question whether or not Mendota will freeze enough this year.

-J

Reply to
phaeton

I just got off my bicycle after running errands a block from Lake Mendota in the snow. How much ya wanna bet?

Reply to
AMuzi

It has gotten chilly, sure. The snow just added a nice crust of ice on the ground. Makes driving home from work fun :D

I still suspect a mild winter this year, and that's just fine. But if it's not, well... not much we can do about it, right? :P

-J

Reply to
phaeton

Also, did you get a screw in your tire?

Reply to
phaeton

That's a regular customer with a one week old $60 Michelin Pro, hence his sad expression:

AMuzi