leaking trans seal on chevy 350

Hi everyone,

I've been borrowing a '94 Chevy 3500 pick-up, and unfortunately the transmission is REALLY leaking out of the front seal to the point it's unusable. The transmission fluid is literally pouring out whenever I start up this vehicle.

The familiy member who loaned me the vehicle hadn't changed the trans filter since he had it rebuilt, so I took care of that. I also checked out the vent to see if it was blocked or plugged up. It's my understanding that this could cause a leak, but it didn't seem to be blocked.

Is there anything else I could check on? I think that the seal simply blew out, but I do understand maybe there could something wrong with the pressure in the transmission? I'm saying that because I'm just surprised at how it seems that this seal simply *burst* because I never noticed any leaking at all before yesterday.

thanks, tysteel

Reply to
tysteel

If you're lucky, the dipstick tube may be the source. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

I think that the seal

?I'm saying that because I'm

Yank it out..... pop in a front seal.... be about yer merry buisness.

or not.

~:~ marsh ~puts the th350 on the table....whewww..... that took all of 15 minutes....must be get'n old~ ~:~

:)

Reply to