Manual Trans

I have a 1990 Subaru legacy AWD 2.2 manual trans, the throw out bearing wore a groove right thru the shaft that the bearing rides on and broke it right off. On this trans you can not replace this. I need the front have of the case or a good trans that doesn't already have a groove. I hear this maybe a common thing. anyone have a good source?

thanks in advance

ed olson

snipped-for-privacy@y2kford.com

Reply to
parts

Start calling boneyards......they are pretty well interconnected and should be able to hook you up with a trans. Be sure to ask 'em about the wear issue though.

Reply to
John S.

what about calling a local machine shop? Maybe they can make you a new shaft?

Reply to
ray

The TB guide is part of the case...it's kind of a sleeve, strange design...he needs a new case.

Reply to
jeffcoslacker

yuck.

Considering I was thinking of buying an 01-02 Legacy 5spd, does it still have that same design?

Ray

Reply to
ray

I think I found a place that has a fix for this.

Our website is

& our tollfree # is 1-877-736-2775

Thanks Ed

Reply to
parts

bonus. I'm sure it's cheaper than replacing the case, and I suspect used cases are hard to come by as a result of this.

Ray

Reply to
ray

Yeah but he said his grooved so bad, the sleeve broke off I thought...not gonna do any good is it? I hear of a similar problem in Saturn manuals...but I haven't seen it yet...

Reply to
jeffcoslacker