Mazda 626

I have a mazda 626. I have replaced the belts recently. Now when i start the car i get a squeal for about 2 mins plus anytime I put a load on the electrical system the squeal will return. I would appreciate any help. I cannot pinpoint the exact location of the noise.

Reply to
uksdr

The alternator belt tension is not correct. The belt itself might be glazed from slipping and in need of replacement now, though. Or at least some belt dressing.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Thanks Scott, I will get some belt dressing. The belts are about 2 months old. I will check for wear. How is belt dressing applied

Reply to
uksdr

Adjust your alternator belt - Sounds like it's slipping pretty bad.

Reply to
Don Bruder

I would not use belt dressing. Just adjust the alternator belt and make it a little tighter. Also, make sure you are using quality belts.

Reply to
jfrancis311