Mazda 929 Problem

All,

1992 Mazda 929 199,300 miles

Car works great once warmed up / driven for a few minutes. When cold, engine seems to miss under acceleration. Acts like it is not getting fuel, and, I can watch the tach needle pause for a split second when this happens. Once car is warmed up, all is well. The car has new NGK plugs (correct ones), new DENSO cap and rotor, and timing belt. Did this before and after installation of above items. Any ideas??

This car still runs like new except for above problem. Just goes to show what proper maintenance and servicing will do for a vehicle. I still get 23/24 miles per gallon on the highway!

Thanks for your input.

JPeter6981

Not familiar with 929, but O2 sensor? If the O2's heater's quitting, then you'll just have to wait for it to warm up on its own. But unlikely, you still have the cold sensor, unless that isn't working.

Reply to
Indian Summer