Minor Gas leakage

hi guys,

Hi, everytime i turn off my car, a little box near my gas tank leaks about a tablespoon of gas then stops.

I just want to know if this gas was destined for the charcoal filter, and i wouldnt use it anyways, or am i loosing about 200 feet worth of gas?

The loss of gas isnt the problem, its more the holes in the driveway,

thanks, alex

Reply to
Alex Docherty

You told us more about your driveway than your car. Or are we supposed to extrapolate 200 ft/TBLS fuel mileage into a guess at the vehicle. A gas leak is bad news for more than the driveway. An OBDII car should show a code for the leak. An older one would not, but the cause would be different. This is a correlary of "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die". Everybody wants a specific answer, but nobody wants to ask a specific question.

Reply to
MaxAluminum

You should be more concerned about the fire it can cause. All it takes is for someone to throw a cigarette out. It is probably gas from the pressure in the fuel line that bleeds off. It is probably also bleeding as you drive bleeding gas and setting up a KABOOM....

Reply to
Woody

And then you WON'T get to say this:

Woody wrote:

Reply to
Mike Behnke

A cigarette tossed into a puddle of gas won't ignite the gas. Try it (in a safe place) if you don't believe me. -PapaRick

Woody wrote:

Reply to
Rick Colombo