My 1983 Dodge van.

318 engine. When I turn the key in the ignition switch there is a click noise and about a two seconds delay untill the starter motor gets the engine started. Is that a relay causing the delay?

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Nope, It's a bad connection that takes a bit of heat to make it work. Pull the battery cable ends off and clean the connections.
--
Steve W.

On Saturday, December 16, 2017 at 8:58:30 AM UTC-6, Steve W. wrote:

I will clean the battery cables with a little round wire brush I have. I was thinking also it might be a relay or the starter motor solenoid or just a loose wire to the starter motor.