need help with 1996 Ford Escort Hatch back

Lost one rear light and both bracking lights in my 1996 Ford Escort. Misplaced my owners handbook so need some help.

1) where is the fuse box located ? 2) Would I need one or 2 fuses and what type of fuses for the one rear light and baking lights. 3) what type of light would I have to get to replaced the burnt out one. Sorry, this seems silly. I am more of an independent type woman but this just happened and by not finding my handbook I am at a lost. Do you think it is lights are burnnt out or the fuses, both or something totally different? Would appreciae any advise you guys can give me. Thanks in advanced
Reply to
gypsymama420

I've never looked for a fuse box on an escort, but these days a lot of cars have them on the 'side' of the dashboard- open the car door and the fuse door is right there next to the door hinge. You might find it there, otherwise, maybe no.

As far as the light bulbs, if you pull them out you'll see if 1) they're just burnt out and 2) they have a type or model number on them. If not, you can take them to your Friendly Local Auto Parts Store and they'll know what you need.

For the record, the backup light switch could be bad, so all the changing of fuses and lights may not solve that minor issue.

Good luck.

-phaeton

Reply to
phaeton

phaeton, That's was putting quick. Thanks.. And by the way I meant Braking lights. I will have to go out after the rain Nor'easta and look underneath the hood to take a looksy. Will go the local parts store and they should have the fuse #'s and will look at the burnt out light as well. Anyone with any more ideas let em know.Thanks again. Toto

Reply to
gypsymama420