New pads with new caliper?

I'm putting on a new caliper on a 2003 Ford F150. The current brake pads ha ve about 30 percent on them and will need new rotors in the not too distant future. Should I go ahead and put new brake pads in the caliper? Or just p ut the old ones back in? Thanks.

Reply to
Michael Wilson

Depends on when you expect to replace the rotors. If the pads will last until then, wait until then.

Reply to
Vic Smith

Doesn't really matter as long as R and L sides of vehicle are the same.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

If you're willing to take it apart all over again later to replace rotors and pads, then do the rotor and pads then. The caliper doesn't care if the pads are old or new, just should try to keep both sides even.

Reply to
Brent

I'd change it. I hate doing a job a second time! OTOH, I'd have to change the front pads on my dad's Cutlass Ciera once a year. I'm glad he doesn't have that car. Very substandard brakes!

Reply to
dsi1