2003 F150 front brakes design

I changed brake pads and rotors on the front wheels of my truck. It disconc erting that there's not a lot to them. The rotors are held on by the wheel lugs, not a spindle bolt, and the pads aren't clipped in or anything -- jus t sort of loose on the slippers and "held in" with an anti-rattle clip. Tho ughts?

Reply to
Michael Wilson

Sounds pretty normal to me. Applies to the majority of vehicles.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Standard design concepts for the last 25 years or so.

It's much nicer having wheel bearings in a separate hub and of course not having nonsense like the rotor bolted to the hub from the back side.

Reply to
Brent