Pontiac Power Window Problem

When my son in laws Camaro did this replacing teh motor is what it took to fix it. Motors are cheap on ebay. Very expensive at the dealer.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I have a '99 Pontiac Gran Am, 2 door coupe. Power window switch is center console mounted. Problem is if you lower the window anymore than an inch or so; it won't go back up unless you let the car sit for a while. Then the window will close fully with no problem. Both doors act the same. Faulty switch, bad motors or is there a relay I should look for. Anyone had an experience like this. Any input would be appreciated before I take off door panels & not know what I'm looking for. Thanks! Mike

Reply to
MCL

This has been a problem with GM windows for a long long time.

Sometimes, besides just replacing the power window motor, you have to pay attention to the tracks, etc, that the window slides upon. The material in those tracks can get grunged up, torn, or out of place and put extra resistance on the movement of the unit.

Reply to
HLS

It could be both door tracks are gunked up. There is a circuit breaker for the windows. In that car I don;t know its location. My 92 had it on the left side of the dash when you open the left door. Check the amp draw with your ammeter and compare to breaker rating.

Reply to
Paul