Powering 12 V CB radio from 95 Crown Vic

I just got a CB radio for my 1995 Ford Crown Victoria. I need some help figuring out exactly how I should go about hooking up the radio to a reliable power source. I am thinking of going through the fuse block underneith the dash, but I'm not sure which fuse to connect it to and how to connect it to the fuse.

Reply to
brightonlinge

I prefer to connect my radios fused direct to the battery.

Regards,

Ralf

Reply to
Ralf Ballis

It will depend on which fuse you want to work from. Say you want the radio to work while the key is turned off, then you willneed to find an tiem that is fused that will work with the ignition off... generally, I would take the radio, although you may pick up static if you are using the cb radio at the same time..... The one thing you will need to make sure of when you hook up the positive line is this...... there are two sides to the fuse block....one side has power, the other does not, so I would take the fuse out and determine which side is supplying the power. Once you do this, hook the positive wire up to the other side (the one without a reading) as if you hook it up to the side with power, you basically are running it without a fuse, so you may cause more damage than you bargain for. Ground the negative to a good ground, usually one that is metal. The battery is also a good source as long as the thing you are wiring has an inline fuse.

Good Luck...

Fwed

Reply to
fweddybear