Re: R&R Ranger Window Motor Lift Gear?

Hello

> > I need to replace the window motor lift gear in my 1990 ranger. > > I've read online and checked the manual but still don't understand what i s > involved? > > So is the main task to remove the window motor? > > Does the regulator come out with the motor?  The glass stay in the door > frame? > > If anyone knows the steps would be so kind to outline the steps, that wou ld > be a great help > > Thanks

Here is what I found on the repair guide at my work.

  1. Disconnect the neg. battery cable
  2. Open the window. Remove the trim panel and water shield and support the window
  3. disconnect the power window motor connector.
  4. There may be a drill dimple in the door panel, oppisite the concealed motor retaining bolt. Be careful to avoid damage to the wires. Remove the motor mounting bolts and remove the motor and regulator assembly.
  5. Separate the motor and drive from the regulator on a workbench.
6 Installation is the reverse of removal.
  1. Check for smooth operation before installing the trim panel.
Reply to
m6onz5a